Wednesday, March 8, 2017

REVISITING OUR DINING ROOM


With everything going on lately in our lives, I haven't had many chances to blog. I feel like I am falling behind. :) 
But caring for our son and making sure he gets the proper medical care has been my first priority.

I have not done any Spring decorating yet, hope to fix that in the next few weeks, but I have made 
some small changes here and there to our home.

Today I am sharing our dining room. I try to keep it clean and organized since it is one of the first rooms 
you see when you walk into our home.





We bought the new furniture about a year and a half ago.
We couldn't find a set that we liked, so we purchased the table and buffet from Ashley and the chairs from Overstock.


A few weeks ago, a created a simple everyday vignette to decorate the table using items I already had
I am also using the same drop cloth runner I made last year.


The white basket is from Ross, the burlap flowers from Hobby Lobby, crystal vase was a gift from my in-law, the silver and very heavy candle holder I also purchased at Ross last year for $3.00 if you can believe it, the little ceramic orb is from Kirklands and the monogrammed plate I bought at Goodwill years ago for $0.50 cents and just added to it our initial that I made on the silhouette cameo.




The buffet is decorated very simply and it has been like that since the new year. I think I want to make some changes to it soon, but for now it holds a few of my old decor items and a new lamp I bought last Fall at Kirklands.







I am sure by now you have noticed the design on the walls.
I stenciled the dining room walls many years ago. Since then, I have been tempted to paint over it, but after all the work that I put into it, I think I will keep them for a little while longer. :)


I also hope this is the year we can replace the carpet with hardwood floors. It may be Summer time before we can get into such a big remodel, but, for now, this is what we have.



And this is the view from the butler's pantry.




And that is it for today. I have been working on making some changes in our kitchen that I will share with you 
all soon. Meanwhile, enjoy your day and thank you so much for stopping by.






Sharing at:


11 comments:

  1. Maria Elena, your dining room is lovely along with the rest of your house. Keep the stenciling - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your home! Your dining room is lovely. My favorite part is the stenciling, so I think it should stay for a long while. :) How is your son doing? I've been thinking of you all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, do not worry about us or blogging, we understand you completely. Praying still for your son. P.S. lovely dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a pretty room, Maria Elena. I have always loved your house--and that wall pattern is really pretty. I would keep it, too.
    Please give an update on your son when you can. It is so horrible to have a child with problems no matter how old they are---they will always be our children. Blessings to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel terrible tha I haven't been here to know what has happened with your son. Your dining room, and your whole home is so pretty. I wish our dining room was open like that so we could fit more people in there. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You dining room looks lovely and inviting. I'm hoping your son is progressing. You all have been in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes life gets complicated and the important things aren't decorating or blogging. Your dining room is beautiful and the fresh touches whisper that spring is coming. Don't worry about falling behind, when you are more able to devote the time another season will be rolling in and we will be here to see what you've done. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do a great job with decorating! I was born with zero of that talent. Hard wood floors are much easier to take care. Carpet hides lots of allergens. Beautiful photos! Wishing you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so pretty, Maria. I hope your son continues to feel well. Nothing is right when your kids are sick, no matter how old they are...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dining area looks lovely, Maria Elena! I would not cover up those stenciled walls...stencils and wallpaper are still very on-trend.

    Of course your son should take priorities...this little blog-world is not going away and will manage just fine while you take care of your family.

    Warm hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dining room looks beautiful! I like how it's open to your living room too. The stenciled walls look great. I thought it was wallpaper! I would leave it. It's neutral and the pattern isn't overwhelming at all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...