Thursday, July 2, 2015

OVER THE CRAFT ROOM CLOSET


I know you all probably remember the closet remodel I did last month in my craft room.
It has proven to be a great space for working and extra storage.



 But the wall space over the closet looked so empty.


I decided to make a small wood sign to finish it off.
I used a scrap of wood we had in the garage, painted it white, added some vinyl letters, painted over the whole thing with the same blue paint as the pegboard, pulled the letters of and when it was dry, I sanded it and distressed it a little.
 




I lived with it for a couple of days, but wasn't satisfied.
It was missing something and every time I walked in the craft room, my eyes would go directly to that spot.



So I decided to put my Silhouette Cameo to good use.
 
 
I used the same quote you will always find on my blog header.
One of my favorites!


And in just a few minutes, I had a vinyl wall quote to finish off that small space.






And now it finally feels finished to me.





Sometimes it is just the small things that make a big difference. 
And since I had everything I used for this project already at home, it was completely free to me.

Thank you all for taking the time to visit.
I appreciate it very much!

Enjoy the rest of your week.

 


7 comments:

  1. Your craft room is wonderful. The sign and quote finished it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria! Oh, this looks perfect! I am so envious of your gorgeous sewing/craft room. I love what you've done to the closet area and would love to do that in my little sewing room. What a marvelous space you have. Have a happy 4th!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great room. Love all of the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI MARIA
    WONDERFULL PLACE
    HAVE NICE DAY
    HUGS
    MIVA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute and light room. Perfect environment for creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so good at making those signs! I love the added words at the bottom too. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were so right, Maria Elena, that sign and wall quote are the perfect finishing touches! You craft closet looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...