Wednesday, March 4, 2015

NEW AREA RUGS


Hello, friends!
I hope your week is going well.

Let me tell you, I love area rugs, but I have to say I think I am the worst person in the world when it comes 
to making decisions on which ones to buy. 

I am a visual person, I have to actually see it in the room to decide if I like it or not.
Plus rugs can be pricey and it is not something you can replace everyday, so I want to make the right choice.
You understand my dilemma, right? :)

And for those reasons, our home has been pretty much "rug-less" for a long time, six years to be exact. LOL
Until last week, when I finally decided it was time to take the plunge.
My husband and I went out looking for a rug for our home library and one for the front entrance hall and instead, 
we came home with these.



I know what you are thinking, we are hopeless. :)
We actually ordered the rug for the front entrance online after all. Hope it is nice! 

I have to give my husband credit, he saw these rugs and right away he said they would look very nice 
in our living room and dinning room.


This is a before picture.


I like the way it has finished off the room.
This husband of mine has a good eye. LOL


The rugs are wool and very soft and thick.
I love the neutral colors, in case, sometime in the future, I decide to change the color scheme in this room.






We actually liked them so much, we went back and bought two runners for the two hallways downstairs.




What do you think? Are they a keeper?


We are expecting a very cold front this evening, with temperatures in the 20's, ice and sleet and when 
that happens in our town, nine out of ten, we will loose the electric power. 
With that said, it may be the end of the week before I get to visit with you all again.

Enjoy your day!




16 comments:

  1. Love the rugs, such a pretty pattern and the colors are right on. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well chosen! That's a great pattern- and it does tie things together! Kudos to hubby for his good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them, Maria. They are the perfect compliment to you decor. Nice picks!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new rugs are perfect, Maria. I love the way they anchor the rooms and give them a finished look. And you're right, they're neutral so you'll be able to use any colors you like with them. I love neutrals, and I have to say this room is a favorite. You and your husband have done a beautiful job decorating it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great!

    If I may make a suggestion though? In your front room, try the rug on an angle, may surprise you how well it looks like that.

    You and I have the same colors in our homes, so I really like what you've picked out.

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG....those rugs are perfect for your rooms....LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the way this area rugs bring so much character to your space maria Elena , well chosen!!
    Ramon
    Rowhouseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ramon! I was so worried the pattern was going to make the room look busy.
      But now, I love our new rugs. :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Maria! Oh, what pretty rugs and they really sing in your gorgeous home.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rugs appear to have been designed just for your home, Maria! I'm hoping you will keep your electricity through all the storm! We are expecting ice, sleet, and snow here! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria Elena,
    Just beautiful!! I also love your staircase bannisters!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!! I will have to check out the shows you mentioned. I think you will enjoy Mr. Selfridge!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're definitely a keeper! Your hubby really does have a good eye! The rugs are beautiful and you can't go wrong with neutral colors. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to find an area rug for our living room, but like you, I need to see it in place.

    I love your new rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES, they are definitely keepers! They look beautiful layered over your carpet and in your hallways! Your husband and you are a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I think they are great! Looks beautiful. Your husband gets an A+ handy and a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love rugs too Maria. These are very pretty. I love that they are neutral too. They really do finish off the room! I picked up a smallish round jute rug at Ross yesterday. They have good buys on small rugs. We're about to get wood floors in our living room and I need to have a rug made for our furniture to sit on... I dread picking it out... like you, I like to take my time and see it on the floor... but in this case, I have to custom order it. Oh the pressure :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...