Tuesday, March 11, 2014

IN THE MASTER BATHROOM


Since the weather has been so ugly lately, I have been busy finishing projects around the house 
and doing a little Spring cleaning.

Last week I spent a couple of hours cleaning our master bathroom. 
Emptied all counters and cabinets, cleaned and organized everything and once it was done, 
I figured it was the right time to change things up a little.

Today I am sharing with you the few changes I made around the tub area.




If you all remember a while back we added the new chandelier and I also made new drapes for all the windows.





This time around, I didn't buy anything new. I just worked with what I already had.


And if you have been reading my blog for a while, then you know about my "pillow addiction". :)
Yes, I made another pillow!







The glass vase has been in the spot for years and all I did was add a small fabric flower to it and some twine.





And a few matching towels.





Next to the tub I added the large metal basket I had with some more towels and soaps to have on hand.





And the old candle holder that I purchased at Kirklands years ago, also got a makeover.
I used Valspar Mirage spray paint to give it a new look.
A lot of reviews on line say that this color is almost the same as Annie Sloan "Duck Egg".
I thought it would look prettier for the Spring and Summer months.



BEFORE


AFTER






I also made some small changes around the counter area, but I didn't want to overwhelm you with so many pictures, so stay tuned for part two. :)


Until then!

 Sharing with:



9 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is just the simplest of changes that can have such a big impact. I really like the transformation of that tealite holder -- very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bathroom is so pretty! I wish I had a separate tub so I could make it pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The candle holder looks so beautiful in the new color! And oh my word...I LOVE the chandelier!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your bathroom is gorgeous, love the colors and all the accessories. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a relaxing retreat, I love the colors! I am in the process of working on my master bedroom... always a work in progress! :) I just wanted to stop by from the link-up and say hello!
    http://nightowlinthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty changes, and indeed-a great spot in which to relax! Would love for you to share at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and for linking up to the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop at Katherine's Corner. Please stop by and visit me at www.mamaslittletreasures.com to see some of my free craft tutorials and other inspirational and creative posts. Hope to connect with you again next week! Nina @ mamas*little*treasures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the light touch of the robins egg blue, looks awesome! I am featuring this tomorrow on my blog for Tuesdays with a twist, please come by tomorrow for a peek. Thanks and have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the touches of robins egg blue. the candelabra looks so fresh for Spring! I've been adding Spring to my bedroom as well. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...