Tuesday, November 19, 2013

MAKE YOUR OWN NAPKIN RINGS


Hi, there!
Just a small post today with a little bit of inspiration for your holiday tables.

I made these napkins rings last year for our Thanksgiving celebration.
I had seen a video on You tube a couple of years ago on how to make them using paper towel tubing and kind of put it in the back of my mind for future crafts.
 I never even saved a link to it, so I am going to try to give you a small tutorial.

It is such a simple project and gave the table a little bit of sparkle.


 

All you need is the tube from the paper towel roll, whichever ribbon you want to use to match your tablescape and a glue gun.
 
Your want to cut the tube in 2 inch pieces. I did cut eight of them, since that is how many place settings I needed for our family dinner.




Then, you add a little glue to the inside of it to secure your ribbon.




Put a little glue across the tube and just bring the ribbon over and wrap around.
Keep repeating this process until the whole piece of tubing 
is wrapped in ribbon, inside and out.




You want to do this so the inside on the tube is as pretty as the outside.




I made different patterns but at the end I decided to go with the lighter ones.





So easy and simple to make and yet, I think it did make the napkins look very festive.
 And the best part, since I had everything on hand, it was a free project!
 
Imagine the possibilities! You can use different ribbons, Fall, Christmas, Spring or add little embellishments.
 
 
 
So, what do you guys think? Who would of thought, right?
I am so glad I came across that video!


Enjoy your week and see you all soon!
 
 

 

8 comments:

  1. Maria Elena,

    What a lovely idea! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, it's fabulous and so easy! Thanks for sharing it with us Ma. Elena.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! The possibilities are endless!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! This is such a great project!! They look amazing!-aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this idea! I have a craft drawer full of ribbon for autumn and Christmas. Now I know what I can use it for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super easy, yet very classy! Thanks for sharing!

    Misty
    Through the Dutch Door

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant, simple and beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...