Sunday, July 21, 2013

WORKING ON THE BACK PORCH


Happy Sunday!
I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

We continue working on our back porch project.
Eventually, it will be a screened in porch, although we have a nice outdoor area in the plans also. 

The screen in porch will allow us to enjoy some outdoor time year around without having to worry about fighting the scorpions, spiders and bees, lots, lots of bees the last couple of years!.
It has gotten to the point that sitting outside is almost impossible.

 This is a view of the back of our home.
It is an old picture, as you can see, I didn't even had made my outdoor curtains, but you get the idea.




Soon, we will be adding new flooring and other upgrades, but to be able to screen in the bottom porch, we had to come up with a solution to enclose the bottom porch ceiling so when it rains, the water won't come in from the top porch, but, at the same time, the water has to be able to drain somehow.



So my very clever husband came up with  a little invention of his own.
Not only the water won't leak through, but he is adding a draining system that will redirect any rain water straight into the gutter on the side of the house.
Pretty cool, right? Yeah, he is good! :)




And when is all said and done, it will look something like this.






And in the process of finishing this project, we had a little visitor that decided to make home on our porch.




We even had babies falling off the nest that we had to rescue because they couldn't fly yet.
I tell you, it is a zoo around here! LOL



Enjoy the rest of your day and I will see you all here tomorrow for Tuesdays at Our Home #20 and Features.
WOW! I can't believe I have been hosting this party for almost five months now! Time goes by so fast!

Until then!

 




15 comments:

  1. The porch is going to be gorgeous when it is all done. The baby bird is so precious. We have one nesting on our front porch too. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria. Oh, your porch is going to be wonderful and how blessed to have such a handy hubby. The little baby bird is so darling and I'm sure he and his mommy thank you very much for rescuing him.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your porch is going to be beautiful! Your husband is very clever and handy! I can't wait to see it finished!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a DIY husband...lucky you....I dread it everytime my husband picks up the drill because something always goes wrong :-)
    It really looks a very large project but I imagine it will be fantastic when finished.

    You have even got your own bird's nest and little ones...how lovely

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you can't wait for your porch changes. You will be able to enjoy it even more...I have a screened porch on the back of my home which I just love.....I knit and read out there.....Can't wait to see the changes that you make....

    Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are absolutely going to love this space! I can't wait to see it completed!!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's going to look beautiful. What a genius idea for draining the water

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I think it will look fabulous Maria Elena! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is going to be marvelous when it is done. You are going to love it. Poor baby birds- we have lost a couple that fell from our upstairs balcony this summer. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tu porch es muy lindo Maria Elena. Estoy ansiosa por ver tu trabajo
    cariƱos

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure have a talented hubby! I'd love a screened in porch. Mostly so my indoor cat could experience a little bit of outside without actually having to go outside. LOL! I'd also like a place to enjoy some iced tea and read. :) I just know your porch is going to look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's already looking very nice Maria Elena, you are very lucky to have a handy husband to help out with this & how cute is that little bird! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting to have a screened in porch! Your hubby as usual doing such amazing job, kudos to him! It's going to look fabulous when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...