Thursday, March 7, 2013

SPRING HAS ARRIVED IN OUR KITCHEN


 Hello! And good morning to you all!
 
You won't believe me, but last week, I spent three whole days cleaning my storage closet. 
Oh, my, that was a job! And it is not finished yet.

While doing this, I realized how much decor I already have, it was like finding one treasure after another LOL so, this year, 
I decided I was going to decorate the house for Spring without really having to buy anything.
It is amazing how many things you put away and forget about!

I have been working on my kitchen Spring vignette for a couple of weeks now, but I think I am finally ready to show you. 
It took a me a while because I had to do a little spray painting, gluing and make burlap rosettes 
and it is kind of hard sometimes to find "me time" :)

For these vignette I used what I already had, minus the cloches, which I made myself following Liz's tutorial 
at Savvy Seasons by Liz. All the items were bought at the Dollar Tree for $5.00 and I purchased the stone spray paint for $7.00 at Home Depot. Everything else I already had. Total cost : $12.00.
Not bad!


On one side, you will find the cloches I made with the little bunny family and the glass vase I also painted which I decorated with flowers and my "Spring" eggs from last year.









I decided to use the candles I already had and dress them up with a little burlap.


And I placed them by a tiered basket which I put on top of a white ceramic stand for a little more height and I finished it with some different little birds and a few nests with eggs and flowers.










I also decorated the pot rack. I took all the pots and pans off and I hope to hang soon some other decor on it, like maybe some wired baskets.
Not sure what I will do just yet, so don't look up! LOL




At the last minute, I also made a small Spring wreath for the window, once again, using items I already had.







Now, I want to add a little bit of Spring to the breakfast area and I hope next week, I will be moving on to the decor on the mantle and also start on the front porch. 
With temperatures in the 80's, my "Winter" pillow is looking a little ridiculous. LOL And I found enough fabric in my storage closet to make pillows for the next two years, so I don't have an excuse. :)

Thank you all for stopping by and always leaving me a comment. 
I enjoy so much reading each and everyone of them. Talk soon!



21 comments:

  1. It looks so bright and springy! You did a great job on the cloches! I loved how you used the "Spring" eggs on the branch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vignette! Love those cloches!! LOL!! Love your pot rack also. I have the same one! How are you able to decorate the top? Looks fabulous! Have a great day!

    ~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, you are very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spring decor is so pretty and fresh! I know what you mean about your winter pillows. It's still winter here in Boise, but I think maybe I can put away the pine cones and boughs in vases from Christmas! Happy almost spring, Maria Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring has certainly sprung in your kitchen, Maria Elena! I love all those soft colors in your vignette! My favorite is the tiered basket with the birds in it, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very cute. Everything looks perfect for Spring. Gotta love your little cloches. The pot rack looks amazing.
    It definitely is Spring at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I totally love your spring decor. It looks so bright and cheering :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a stunning vignette! Bravo. I haven't done much decorating yet. I'd better hop to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my! How I love this. Your kitchen is just gorgeous! I love your vignettes! You are amazing.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks wonderful! I love how you incorporated your cloches. (I am so into them right now)

    Thanks for sharing!

    Frances @
    www.notionsfromnonny.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty! Your bunny cloches are adorable! I love the cheery colors; and everything definitely looks like Spring

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic Spring greeting! I love your cloches & your bunnies. The burlap flowers on the candles are so cute. You put this together beautifully, Marie Elena.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks just great! Love the bunnies! too cute

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it all, Maria!! I love your cloches too adorable!! I need to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks very pretty. I love the bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! This is all so gorgeous! It's breath-taking really. I posted an Easter cloche today as well. Wish I had thought to put a cute topper on it! I love yours. Happy to be following you via GFC and looking forward to some beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Of course I adore the cloches and I also adore all of your wonderful bunnies and vignettes. Wonderful job. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maria Elena,
    The Easter Parade in your kitchen is exquisite, dear friend!!!
    I adore all of your bunnies!!! I love bunnies!!! Those under the cloches are so~o~o adorable!!!
    The Spring Wreath is beautifully done!!! The design is simple, yet elegant!
    I am smitten with your burlap rosettes on the candles!!! I may have to borrow this design element in the near future!
    The bunnies are hopping about here on the Prairie, but I'm waiting until next week for their debut.
    Hope you'll hop over for a visit, soon!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there!!! Wow...you did a wonderful job! I'm so glad you were able to find all these wonderful things in your "stash" to create just what your kitchen needed to welcome Spring! It's so nice when you don't have to spend a lot of money!!!! Your stone spray paint job turned out great!!! I'm waiting for the weather to get warm enough here to do some painting myself. I'm really impressed with what you did on the pot rack!!! Very pretty! Makes me want to run right out and buy a pot rack for our kitchen!!! :-) Have a beautiful weekend, and enjoy your fabulous new decor!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maria Elena! Your Spring decor is so beautiful!! You will be one of the features TOMORROW at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party. Pop on in and grab a Sunday Showcase button for your blog! Have a great rest of the weekend. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...