Thursday, March 21, 2013

MAKING CABINETS/ CRAFT ROOM UPDATE


Hello, Everyone!

Today, I am sharing with you some updates on what I hope it will be my craft room very soon.

This project has taken us a while since we have made many changes in this room.

I did start with an inspiration picture from Pottery barn.
I fell in love with this room from the moment I saw it and since the layout is very similar to my space, 
I knew this was the way to go.

  via Pottery Barn
 
The space I am using used to be my son's old room.
Since then, we have moved his whole bedroom to a bigger room and, although he is not living at home any longer,
 he sure enjoys more space when he comes home on leave.

We did start with doing some painting.
Even back then, he favored the Navy colors. :)


And when that was done, we replaced the carpet with hardwood floors.



Since then, there has been a lot of building going on in this room.
First, my husband built the top shelf and brackets that wraps around the room, just like the PB picture.




I painted the white cabinet that we used for so many years to store the kids Disney movies.
This used to be an Army filling cabinet that my husband brought home about 30 years ago.
They were throwing it away, but he had a vision! :)

He cleaned it, added molding to it and built a door and it sure served us well all these years.
Now I am using it to store all my craft paper and supplies.
You can still see in the inside what it used to look like.






I have also redone a $5.00 chandelier that I found at the Habitat store.



Made a new balance for the window




Little by little I am organizing my supplies with some wonderful items that my husband bought me for Christmas.


And I used another white shelf I had to store my fabric stash.


But the best part is, my cabinets and counters are almost finished! 
My sweet husband has built them for me just like my inspiration picture.
  Now they just need to be painted, add the hardware on and they will be ready to be installed in the craft room



Meanwhile, I keep organizing all my supplies and adding little touches to the room.


 
Can't wait to be finished and start enjoying this space! 
 


I will be back tomorrow with the most viewed post of Tuesday's link party.
Until then, I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Thank you for stopping by!






14 comments:

  1. Wow, you are going to have the best looking craft room around, Maria Elena! And so organized, too. What a nice big space you've got to play in, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your craft room is amazing! You have held true to so much of your inspiration picture. And your husband is so so sweet for making and giving you so many wonderful storage options. I LOVE the chandy! Great job! I am looking forward to seeing the whole room!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria Elena, this is going to be a great space! You and your hubby are a dynamic duo together! Can't wait to see the finished project! I know it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Pottery Barn inspiration picture for your craft room is my favorite, too! Yours is even better because it's all home made from the heart! I love the colors you're using and the shelf detail along the top is gorgeous. Your husband is a dream come true! I'm as excited as you are to see the cupboards and counters, I think. I'm just so impressed with all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria Elena Que linda esta quedando tu oficina. Me encanta tu idea en colores blanco y rojo. Y esa lampara esta preciosa y combina perfecto
    cariƱos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your room. Would be so fun to work in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you must be so excited! It's looking lovely, Maria Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cant wait to see the final product I would love to have a space like this!! :) Your hubs rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, Maria Elena! This is already looking so GREAT! Can't wait to see it all finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your hubby are so talented - between his woodworking capabilities and you taking "cheap finds" and making them look gorgeous (the light fixture) - the room is going to be a beautiful place to craft room. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see the reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like what you did with that corner cabinet. And those brackets and top shelves definitely look great! Can’t wait to see how your other cabinets turn out. :)

    Camille Edington

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your craft room! What did your husband make your counter tops out of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kathy! He made them out of sheets of birch plywood. Very durable!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...