Monday, March 4, 2013

FIRST SIGN OF SPRING


Good morning!

Taking advantage of the wonderful weather we are having, we spent a few hours yesterday morning cleaning up 
our front and back yard.

The grass is already starting to get green, well, just a little, but it was time to give it a little trim and get it ready for Spring. 

Our weather has been so warm that plants are starting to bloom. The one that shocked me the most was the knockout roses I planted last Spring. By the end of last Summer, I didn't think they had made it. All I had left were two little sticks. :) 
But I was wrong.

Not only they got really big over the last couple of months, but they have been blooming since around Valentine's Day.
I know! I can't believe it either! 









 

Finally got my computer back in order, so I will be sharing soon what I have been up to for the last couple of weeks.
Enjoy your Monday and I will see you soon!


8 comments:

  1. Goodness, that does seem early for a rose to be in bloom! I do enjoy seeing the first signs of spring; there is such a wonderful feeling of anticipation in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your roses are lovely, Maria Elena! I miss all my roses from my old house, so I plan on planting a couple around our condo this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous that you have things blooming! It is wonderful and gives me hope that our turn will come soon- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to see things blooming...greenery & flowers...wow! It's so cold & snowy here. This post was a welcome change for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can hardly wait to see signs of spring. Unfortunately, getting more snow today...yuk
    However, looking at your roses makes me feel better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! This is my favorite time of year in Texas! Nights are still cool and the days are gorgeous!! Now if we could settle the wind down just a bit! New to your blog and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your roses are amazing! I think it's so nice that spring comes so early for you. My hubby bought grass seed on sale yesterday and I thought he was crazy! We are expecting a huge snowstorm tonight!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria, your yard looks ready for spring! I love those "knock out roses" and would love to have them, but container plants for my most successful plants. Maybe I'll try one rose this year...just to see if I can keep one alive. Thanks, Helen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...