Friday, November 16, 2012

CHRISTMAS WOODEN LETTERS


Hello, everyone!

With very little time on my hands and running like a crazy woman, I wanted to quickly share with you guys the project that started 
my Christmas decorating madness!!! :)

I saw this idea many, many years ago at a store in Colorado and I have been wanting to incorporate it into my Christmas decor since then.
Well, this is the year!

I will show you all soon where I will be displaying them,
but I not quite ready to do that yet, so,
meanwhile, I will show you how I made them.


First, I looked for the letters everywhere and
just could not find the right size, so my husband
offered to make them for me, minus the O,
for which I used a small wreath
Thank you, honey!
He is such a good man! :)


When they were ready, I used on them
Gold metallic Rub & Buff.
Why Rub & Buff? Because it is what I had on hand
and it worked out beautifully!








They were dried in minutes,
so I traced them on scrapbook paper in 
different Holiday designs and cut and applied to the
front of the letters using mod podge.







I added a small pick from the Dollar tree to the wreath
and sprayed a little fake snow on it.


I did the same with the star in a different Holiday design
and at the last minute, I added to it a little cord
and a tiny holiday embellishment
 to give it a little character.




And here is the final project




Very, very easy and very economical!
Total cost of project was under $5.00.

Homemade letters:  $0.00
4 sheets Scrapbook paper: $1.20
Small wreath: $2.00
Christmas pick: $1.00

Hope you enjoyed this small project tutorial.
You will be able to see it very soon incorporated in my Christmas decor.

Meanwhile, have a great weekend and see you all soon!




Linked to:











17 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Maria Elena! What a sweet hubby to make the letters for you. I was in Hobby Lobby last week and noticed they have a lot more letters {shapes and sizes} in their unfinished wood section. If I hadn't been in such a hurry that day I would have checked them out more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the cutest letters! Can't wait to see where you used them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen these a lot especially on Pinterest, they were done in silver, yours look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! That speaks to me! I love their sizes! Kudos to your hubby, he did a terrific job! I love the music sheet design on the letter E. Can't wait to see them with all your Christmas decor, maybe on the mantel?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a star your husband is! These look wonderful.
    Congratulations of being featured on Debbiedoos too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute, Maria Elena! I think those simple and less expensive projects are often times the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how yours turned out Maria Elena! I have the lettering for JOY...it's on my list of things to do next week. I really enjoyed your home feature at Debbie's yesterday. You have a beautiful home!! Hope you are having a wonderful day, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them! You did such a wonderful job ... so creative! I can't wait to see where you place them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so like them.Lovely idea. we can get these letters in our cheap as chips shops here,so guess what I'm going to do? Thank you also for visiting me and for your nice comments. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, Love and more Love. This is a great mod podge project! Pinning now:) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful! I made a copycat of Pottery Barn's NOEL last year, but these are so much nicer. I love the chunky letters. I'm visiting from the Cowgirl Up linky party, and am now following you.
    http://www.laurieslittlebitsofcreativity.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful project! I love your NOEL.

    What would we do without Mod Podge and Rub 'n Buff? I love Rub 'n Buff soooo much!!!

    Jan ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is lovely, thrifty and fantastic! Thank you for linking to the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. P.S. love, love, love your holiday header!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi
    That is so cute, I would of never thought of that. I am definitely making me one or maybe a few! LolSanta Barbara Green building

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...