Friday, November 9, 2012

A YEAR OF HOMEMADE WREATHS AND FRONT PORCH DECOR


Good afternoon, everyone!

Before all my Fall decor gets put away and I start decorating for Christmas,
I thought it would be fun to put a post together
of all the changes my front porch has gone through this year.

You all know is a "hobby" of mind to decorate
the front entrance of our home for every holiday and season and, 
this year, I have done so a little more often than usual. :)

Let me start with Fall 2011.
I did not make the wreath, since I decided to use 
the same one I had from the previous year that I had bought at Kirklands.
But, I did make all the Fall pillows.




And then it came Christmas.
I spent weeks making garland, the wreath for the door and pillows.





After the Holidays,  I decorated the porch in lighter colors
I had made the wreath and pillows the previous year, so this was an easy change,
which is what I was looking for after the holiday madness.





It all came down a couple of weeks before Easter,
and while I was working on my Spring decor, I just made this wreath for the door.


This is the way the porch looked for Easter.





And then, sometime in May, 
I started seeing everywhere the new color of the season,"Tangerine Tango" 
and I just loved it so much that I decided to
mix it with teal and make a new wreath and, of course, more pillows.
I know, what can I say? I am crazy that way.
Just ask my husband! LOL





I said I was not going to change everything for the 4th of July, but I did anyway!
I used the wreath and other decor I had made the previous summer.






And in August, I came across this beautiful outdoor fabric
and I just had to squeeze one change in there
while I was very patiently waiting to put up my Fall decor.






 And, finally, here is the porch today.





Here soon, I will start decoration for Christmas, 
but I have to tell you,this year I want to do something different, 
just have no clue what that will be yet! LOL


I hope you enjoyed this small tour of my many front porch changes.
Hope everyone has a great and safe weekend.
Happy Veterans Day! 



Linked to:








13 comments:

  1. Hi Maria Elena!

    This is such a fun way to keep track of all your projects and for us to see the seasonal changes. I am inspired to make some pillows for my front porch. I have rockers and a table and chairs that need the comfort and color!!

    I love love the orange/turquoise combo. I especially love the pop of purple on your last pic too.

    My mind has been cluttered with sooo many Christmas ideas this year I can't wait to get going on some wreaths and swags.

    Have a fun weekend!
    Sincerely, Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems I never miss one of your posts...and I'm glad! You have a wonderful way of decorating for the seasons. Your wreaths are just stunning and I love how you have coordinating pillows. You have so many talents! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the changes you have done to your beautiful porch! I like the teal and "tangerine tango" mix. I also love to get new fabrics for the seasons, a nice way to update and give new pops of color to the rooms!
    You're a wreath expert! They all look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that is one well dressed porch! I didn't realize you changed it so many times....each one so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your front porch changes are all so pretty. Thanks for sharing them and I love your wreaths and fall pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely trip back through the year with your beautiful porch and wreaths! You are very talented. Lovely post and I enjoy your blog so much. Lots of love from a very wet England. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have said before, that seasonal decorating isn't something that is done much over here. Christmas is about the only time we decorate our homes. Perhaps I should introduce it to our own house here in the UK. I always like seeing the changes you make to your porch; it makes your house look so welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home and porch looks fabulous in every season.

    thanks so much for entering my giveaway~!
    Good Luck
    xoxo
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some amazing transformations each and every one. LOVE your wreath too. Thanks for sharing at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I was the pillow-making champ, but I see I've been topped. All of your porch pillows are wonderful. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous entry! I was just asking my hubby if he wanted to do anything with ours for the holidays. Wish you were close by to advise me! You are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a beautiful home and I know you are so proud of it. However there is just one little thing that I would change. I'm not a big fan of the window treatments in the dining & living room. They're a little dated and heavy looking. Other than that, I do LOVE your home. I hope I haven't upset you, but I always try to give my honest opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Marie Elena, it was so fun to see the changes of your front porch welcome for all of the seasons. Having a hard time choosing a favorite. Do love the cheery August one. Not only are your wreaths lovely but your pillows are fab! Thanks for sharing them with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...