Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Talking about clocks


Good morning!
I hope everyone is having a good week!

In the last few weeks, I have received several emails from you guys asking me
for information about the clock on our Family Room.
I thought today, since I have a little time this morning, which it doesn't happen often,
I would put a post together to answer your questions.

We bought the clock from Kirklands about four years ago.
If you are familiar with this company, you know they change 
their merchandise all the time, so, I have not seen it again in their stores for a while now, but, you never know, it may be an item they bring back.




It took us a while to figure out what we wanted to use to decorate our fireplace.
I know you can't tell by the pictures, but we have 10 foot ceilings and 
that space over the mantle is pretty huge.
The clock is 40 inches tall by 35 wide, so, that should five you an idea.

After building the mantle, this is what we had. 
Nothing! LOL


Shortly after, we purchased a painting.
It was ok, but not what we had in mind.
I wanted that wall to be the focal point of the room.
This picture is now on our upstairs hallway.




As soon as I saw the clock, I knew it was perfect for that wall.
I loved everything about it!
The old "faux" leather finish, the engravings on the four sides and 
the gold embellishments  on the corners.
Even the roman numerals and the old look of the clock face was 
everything I was looking for.
And, by the way, it always gives the perfect time. We never had to adjust it.





It was love at first sight!!! 
But, it was a little pricey, so, after staring at it for a while, I went home.
Of course, for the next couple of days, I couldn't stop thinking about it! LOL
When I finally decided to go back and buy it, it was gone!
Yes, gone! No more clocks left!

This is something I do quite often and it always ends up the same way.
You think I would of learned by now! :)

It took the wonderful employee at Kirklands, Sandy,
(she and I have become best friends since then)
several weeks to find it for me, and, when she finally located one,
it had come down on price, so it worked out very well.

It took us several hours to get it up there.
The rock wall just did not want to take the screws and the clock is extremely heavy.
After going through all that trouble, I have to tell you, it is there to stay!
And, as I decorate the mantle for every season, 
I always work around the clock as you can see in the pictures below.







 At this time, I also want to thank you all for your wonderful comments
and emails about our sweet puppy, Angel.
I am happy to report that the medicine treatment the vet put her on seems to be working
and the change in her has been like night and day in the last few days.
She still has a while to go and then more test will be taken.
But, she is sure smiling again and full of energy. 
Yes, dogs smile also! LOL

Thank you for stopping by and always taking the time to leave me a comment.
It sure means the world to me!


linked to:









10 comments:

  1. I just love that clock! Its gorgeous!!! I am such a big fan of oversized clocks seeing as though I have one above our mantle too! :) Gorgeous!!! I cannot wait to see what you do this year for Christmas. I am so ready to start decorating I hope I can hold out lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your clock is just stunning! I'm so glad that Kirkland's was able to find you one, that was very nice of them. Some times you just know when something is right and the clock is the perfect piece above your mantel! I love your fall decorations, too!

    So glad to hear that Angel is doing well. My puppies mean the world to me!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. That clock definitely is the perfect piece to put there, Maria Elena! I'm so glad you didn't miss out on it. I'm glad you gave the dimensions, too, because sometimes you don't realize just how big something is from a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That clock is wonderful! It enhances the beauty of your mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved that clock! It is such a great focal point above the fireplace. What a great story of how the clerk tracked it down for you; and you were able to get it at an even better price. It is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is a beautiful clock, Maria Elena, and looks perfect with all of your different mantel-scapes. Kirkland's is one of my favorite stores. They always have some beautiful things, and they are so helpful about tracking down things for you.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! It goes perfectly well on the rock wall. All good mantels but the last one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria, I love the new header and fall background. I can't throw a block party without inviting my sweet friend. Please hop over and share your beautiful home. Hope to see you there~ http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2012/10/quick-doghouse-fix-and-friday-block.html
    Tami @ Curb Alert!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maria, I saw a clock very much like yours the other day. Remembering that you had mentioned how heavy yours is, I lifted it. Wow, it was very heavy-can't recall where it was. The black frame is a great touch against your light brick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maria,
    new on your blog which I already love very much. Many great ideas to redesign a home. Congratulations.
    This clock is phenomenal. I really love the way you framed it. Bravo!
    All the best from Florida,
    Anne (Playing With Scarves)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...