Wednesday, October 3, 2012

AROUND THE HOUSE


Can't believe it is already October!
The weeks are really going by so fast, before we all know it,
we will have the turkey in the oven and our tables
set up for our Thanksgiving celebrations.

I guess it is time to start planning on the Christmas decor, 
but, frankly, I am not quite ready for that yet!

Meanwhile, I wanted to put a post together of my Fall decor 
for this year before it is time to take it all down.
I didn't do much, just a little here and there, but it has made
our home a little warmer and inviting.

By the way, I just wanted to share that I just had
my first blogging anniversary a few days ago.
I am so happy I survived my first year blogging, LOL and I 
have loved every minute of it, specially getting to meet and know all of you!
I sure have learned a lot and hope to be able to stick around 
for a long time to come.

I want to take this opportunity to thank you all for visiting my humble
blog and for always taking the time to leave me the most wonderful comments.
Now, this is what our house looks like this Fall.

On the entrance table that my husband built last year,
I just added my old metal leaf with the little ceramic pumpkins.
I bought it at Kirklands years ago and I try to use it every year.









On the front porch, I made some Fall pillows, a new wreath and
added a metal stand with a basket full of pumpkins and other Fall items.
I also planted some mums and added a Fall monogrammed garden flag.












 In the kitchen, I made a new burlap and lace runner for the island,
to which I added a small vignette of leaves, pumpkins, candles
 and two new fall plates.





 And some new placemats and Fall decor on the breakfast table
and side counter. I also added a garland to the lamp and I used
my old Fall wreath on our back door.






In the family room, I just decorated the mantle and hearth this year.








As you guys can see, it is not much and very simple.
I am still learning to decorate for Fall and also, little by little,
I am collecting more Fall decor every year.

Meanwhile, I am just enjoying all the gorgeous Fall decor in blog-land.
Great inspiration out there!!!

Looking forward to all the upcoming Fall parties!
Enjoy the rest of your week and see you soon!





Linked to:






27 comments:

  1. How pretty! I just loved seeing all of your fall decor, from room to room. Your home is so beautifully dressed for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is always so beautiful and inspiring. Happy 1 year anniversary of blogging!
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria Elena, your home is beautiful with all your touches of fall. Thanks for sharing your home and I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your home tours! Now for Fall time your home feels warm and inviting! My faves are the mantel and of course the front porch! The metal leaf plate with the little pumpkins are soo cute! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a beautiful home & it really looks so pretty all decorated for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria, your home is just gorgeous!! It looks so pretty all dressed for Fall! Now can your husband come build me a cabinet like that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I just found your blog and you have a very beautiful, cozy home. You have a new follower!

    Thanks, Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Fall decor is FAR from simple, Maria! It's beautiful and wonderfully splashed around your gorgeous home! And, your front porch is so welcoming ... love that you added the plum! So very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fall decor is so pretty. I love all the warm colors of fall and you really captured that beauty in your decorating. Congratulations on your 1st year of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how festive your house is! Everything is decorated with lots of color just waiting for the holidays. It looks so perfect!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy blogiversary!!! Your home looks beautiful with all of your wonderful fall touches! Your entrance looks so welcoming and warm,love your mantel and island, looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really love the article. It proved to be very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also engaged! I’m sure you had joy writing this article.valentines teddy bear

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Maria Elena! One wonderful year of inspiration in home decor for all (us) fans! As always, thanks for sharing your home. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So so pretty! You always take the prettiest pictures too. So sharp and so clear. I am getting a new camera soon and can't wait to take better photos. I hope I made a good camera choice. Thanks for sharing your home with the October fest of fun party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. HOLA MARIA ELENA, MIS FELICITACIONES!! UNA LINDA CASA DECORADA CON MUCHO DETALLE, HE PASADO UN RATO MUY AGRADABLE EN TU BLOG. YO TAMBIÉN SOY ESPAÑOLA Y VIVO EN VENEZUELA, TENGO UN BLOG DE CROCHET, UN GRAN SALUDO Y FELIZ DIA

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a lovely home and have decorated it so beautifully for fall. I admire your creativity and eye for decorating. Thanks for giving me some wonderful ideas to incorporate in my own home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Maria Elena,
    You have such a lovely home! Thank you for sharing. :)

    Have a great week!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  18. The more I see of your home, the more I just love it. Everything looks great, and I love the window dressings!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Gosh - everything is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy blogoversery!! Loved all the autumn decor and pictures. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The atmosphere in your home is so festive and fallish. I must get going! Hi Neighbor from Friday's Bock Party on Curb Alert!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous, like everything you do! I have been following your blog for quite sometime. I recently started one of my own. So glad to be here. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  23. Maria Elena, your home is so very warm and cozy all decorated for Fall. I think that you have done a wonderful job. You've added nice touches all throughout. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely home with SYC.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  24. maria everything looks so beautiful. Thanx for always coming to party at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...