Sunday, July 15, 2012

A TRAIN RIDE THROUGH THE SPANISH COUNTRYSIDE


During my second week in Spain, the time came for me to take a small weekend trip to Caceres, which is 
another city about four hours away from Madrid. 

There was a very important reason for this trip.
 My youngest brother leaves and works there. He moved there in 2002, after he finished his college degree in what we call here in the US, Criminal Psychology and he was offered an awesome job that he just could not refuse, even if it meant moving. 

Although he had come to Madrid to see me when I arrived, there was something very important I had to do
 before I came back to the States.
I was a woman on a mission! :)
 So, my older brother and I bought train tickets, and we got ready for a weekend trip.

 We left from the main train station in Madrid, called Chamartin. 
It is a beautiful train station and it looks more like an airport that a train station, it even has real gardens and trees inside. 

source

source


source



 From Madrid to Caceres is mostly farm land. 
Look at all those olive trees!



  And the fields full of sunflowers! 


 Look at these old train stations! 





The train stopped in several towns along the way to pick up more passengers.





 And when the train on front of us moved, I was so surprised to see the station had an employee directing the departures and arrivals of all the trains, just like in the old times. Isn't that neat?
I hope this lady didn't mind me taking her picture!









 It was a very pleasant trip and when I arrived, this is what was waiting for me!
 My beautiful little niece, Marta, which is already 20 months old and I was just 
meeting for the first time! 
 Oh, the joy of holding her in my arms and be able to kiss those little fat cheeks! LOL 
I would of traveled to the moon just for this!




We had a beautiful weekend together and even had enough time
 to do a little sightseeing. I will share those pictures with you all on another post.

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by!






8 comments:

  1. Marta is very beautiful indeed. What a treat it must have been for you, seeing her for real for the first time.
    What lovely scenery you had on your journey. It is interesting comparing the very contemporary station in Madrid, with the charming old stations along the route.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, how beautiful your niece is and how delighted she look to be with you. What a beautiful pictorial you've painted for us of your homeland. Hoping to get there someday, too. It's on the "bucket list" as we say. Thanks, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking us along on your train ride. That is the only way I will ever see that part of the world. That train station is beautiful and I liked seeing the fields of olive trees and sunflowers. And that little niece is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this must have been an adventure...Love the pictures! Great post! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the pictures of the beautiful fields and scenery is breathtaking...the old train depot...the train...wonderful...but THE BEST of all the pictures is that sweet little niece. She is just beautiful. How wonderful that you got to kiss those chubby little cheeks! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss the train! and the countryside! and the olive trees! ...homesick...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I have been reading and trying to catch up. What a fabulous trip and your pictures are all wonderful. Your little niece is just the most precious little thing. Love that fabulous smile, such a cutie. So glad you had a great time. Thanks also for your visits and always such lovely comments. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, beautiful pictures of the countryside! But the best if your adorable niece. Absolutely precious!
    Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comments, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...